Educate: Gate Installers
01233 750 620
01227 700 175
A fully automatic gate should feature a minimum of two types of safety device:
- pressure edges
- protection via the limitation of the forces that are used to operate the gate
In addition to using the British Standards to guide the Risk Assessment process, Gate Safe provides further additional general recommendations to encourage best practice in relation to the installation of automated gates. This includes guidance on the requirements to ensure the overall mechanical stability of the installation.
Gate Safe Aware installer training
Are these the sort of headlines you want you or your clients to be associated with?
In addition to the clear personal distress caused by such an automated gate accident, failure to adhere to the correct protocol for automated gates and / or adopt the required safety measures can prove disastrous, from a legal, financial and ultimately moral perspective.
Make sure you are equipped to assess whether an automated gate is SAFE and take the Gate Safe Aware Training course, developed working together with IOSH (The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health).
The training is also essential to any professional associated with the automated gate industry wishing to improve their understanding of the critical safety issues associated with this type of installation.
- Personalised Gate Safe aware logo
- Company added to the Gate Safe Aware Installers map
- Gate Safe ID card
- Checkatrade discount
- Telephone support
- IOSH Certificate
- Gate Safe Aware technical hand book and regular updates
- Access to the Gate Safe Aware Installers members area – contains high quality downloadable documents to provide essential guidance on electric gate safety
The half-day course covers:
- Scope and nature of legislation and standards relevant to automated gate safety
- Implications of failure to install equipment to the required standard
- Risk Assessment protocol
- Styles and configurations of different gates and associated risks
- Details of recommended safety features and correct installation guidance
- Additional safety considerations
- Importance of maintenance
- Practical examples of good and bad practice
The Gate Safe Aware Installer course lasts four hours and costs £195.00 + VAT per delegate. Book early and get a significant 'Earlybird' discount - see below
|15th January 2015||Trade Skills 4U
|10th February 2015||Best Western Heath Court Hotel
|26th February 2015||Trade Skills 4U
(15 delegates minimum required)
|19th March 2015||Trade Skills 4U
|April||Birmingham Venue TBC||TBC||TBC|
|10th April 2015||Trade Skills 4U